Sometimes you just need to get away with the girls, and New York Guest is here to help you plan your Ultimate Girlfriend Getaway. Everyone's idea of the ideal getaway is different, so here are just some of our favorite ingredients in your recipe for a Girl's Weekend in New York City.
New York Guest specializes in creating custom New York City vacation packages that combine everything you want to do on your trip AND save you money. We're right here in Manhattan so we know the hotels, we've been on the tours, and we'll be able to help create the perfect getaway for you. Contact one of our expert travel planners today by filling out our contact form or calling us at 212-302-4019.
Recipe for the Perfect Girl's Weekend
1. Pick an awesome hotel
While you may not spend much time there, you want your home base to be as fabulous as you are.
- The Ace. It's located right in midtown Manhattan in the midst of the garment district, it is stylish and trendy with an amazing lobby bar, Stumptown Coffee, and two fabulous restaurants (The Breslin at the John Dory) right next door
- The Gershwin. Conveniently located and modern, perfect for travelers on a budget.
- The Nu Hotel In the heart of downtown Brooklyn, this hotel actually is new. It is also steps from wonderful Brooklyn sightseeing, shopping, and dining options, and a quick subway ride into Manhattan.
2. Explore the city
No matter what you love, there's a tour of New York City for you.
- Sex & the City Hotspots Led by a local actress, this tour takes you to dozens of the spots seen on the hit HBO show. You can sip a Cosmopolitan at Steve and Aidan's bar, Scout, see where Charlotte bought her "rabbit," and grab a cupcake at Magnolia, frequented by Carrie and Miranda, all in a convenient 3.5 hour tour.
- Gossip Girl Hotspots See more than 40 locations used in filming the CW smash hit - hold court on the Met steps, sample treats from Humphrey's favorite bakery, and make the Upper East Side your own personal playground.
- Double Decker Bus Tours Travel Manhattan in style in a City Sights hop on/hop off Double Decker Bus. One of the most convenient ways to get around town and see all of the best neighborhoods, from Times Square to Chelsea to Greenwich Village and Soho, down to the Financial District and South Street Seaport and back up to the Lower East Side and Madison Square Park.
- Fermented New York Craft Beer Crawls Beer isn't just for the guys! Explore the bars of the East Village or Williamsburg, Brooklyn and sample 10 different microbrews while learning about what makes them different, and enjoying delicious snacks along the way.
3. Shop 'til you Drop
- Woodbury Commons Take a short one hour bus ride to Woodbury Commons, where the labels are designer and the price is up to 70% off retail. A day trip well worth leaving the city!
- Exclusive Shopping Tour of the Garment District (must be booked with a travel planner) Get exclusive access to wholesale showrooms and designer sample sales not normally accessible to the public - HUGE discounts and the inside scoop await you on this tour!
4. Hit the Town
- See a Broadway show There are so many hits on Broadway, the only problem you'll have is deciding which show to see! May we suggest Godspell, Wicked, Memphis or How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying? Those are just some of our favorites, but we can hook you up with tickets to anything, including The Book of Mormon.
- See the Harbor Watch the sun set on the city that never sleeps from the New York Harbor, and get up-close and personal with Lady Liberty while you're at it.
- Live the Nightlife (must be booked with a travel planner) We can reserve you a table at one of NYC's hottest nightclubs. Simply arrive, skip the line, and find your reserved table with a bottle of champagne waiting to welcome you.
What are you waiting for? Grab your girlfriends and let us help you plan your Ultimate Weekend Getaway with a customized New York City Vacation Package!